Apache Cordova in Action
Apache Cordova in Action teaches you to create and launch hybrid mobile apps using Cordova or Phonegap. By following carefully selected examples, step-by-step tutorials, and crystal-clear explanations, you'll learn to build apps from the Cordova CLI, how to make use of device features like the camera and accelerometer, how to submit your apps to Google Play and the Apple App Store, and more.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Book
Apache Cordova in Action teaches you how to design, create, and launch hybrid mobile apps people will want to use. With the help of straightforward, real-world examples, you'll learn to build apps from the Cordova CLI and to make use of native device features like the camera and accelerometer. You'll learn testing techniques and discover the PhoneGap Build service and how to submit your apps to Google Play and the Apple App Store. Along the way, this helpful guide discusses mobile app design and shows you how to create effective, professional-quality UI and UX.
- Build mobile apps
- UI, UX, and testing techniques
- Deploy to Google Play and the Apple App Store
- Employ libraries like Bootstrap, jQuery Mobile, and Ionic
About the Reader
About the Author
Raymond Camden is a developer advocate for IBM. He is passionate about mobile development and has spoken at conferences worldwide.
The Table of Contents
- What is Cordova?
- Installing Cordova and the Android SDK
- Creating Cordova projects
- Using plugins to access device features
- Mobile design and user experience
- Considerations when building mobile apps
- Tools for debugging Cordova and other hybrid apps
- Creating custom plugins
- Packing options for Cordova projects
- Using PhoneGap tools
- Submitting your app
- Building an RSS reader app with Ionic
PART 1 GETTING STARTED WITH APACHE CORDOVA
PART 2 CORE CONCEPTS
PART 3 APPLICATION RELEASE
|Author:||Raymond K. Camden   Raymond K. Camden a >|