This edition has been revised for version 1.3 of Meteor.
When I first came across Meteor though, the current training materials were:
- Unnecessarily complicated considering how simple Meteor development can be.
- Overly bloated with details that didn’t strictly relate to working with Meteor itself.
- Better suited for experienced developers, rather than those just getting started.
Combined with the fact that I’d grown up reading bad books about programming, I asked myself: “Why don’t I write the book about Meteor that I’d want to read?”
Think I’m exaggerating? Download the sample. You’ll soon see the truth.
DISCOVER: How To Build Real-Time Web Applications
This book isn’t for everyone. It’s precisely designed for beginning developers. This means every chapter and every example is designed for people who have:
- A very basic understanding of databases.
If you’re mostly a front-end developer, or maybe you’ve just dabbled in programming languages like PHP or Ruby but have never made significant progress, then this book is for you. It doesn’t just regurgitate the official documentation for Meteor, and it doesn’t read like most technical books.
INSIDE: Everything You Need To Get Started with Meteor
Despite being a relatively short book, Your First Meteor Application contains:
- A complete, step-by-step introduction to installing Meteor and getting started with the command line.
- Beginner-focused tips to get developers started with the framework as quickly as possible.
- Exercises at the end of every chapter to help test your knowledge and deepen your understanding of Meteor.
- Project-based instruction that’s designed to give you insight into real-world development.
- Plenty of images, code samples, and chapter summaries to help you grasp everything you read.
You’ll learn how to:
- Develop with Meteor on any platform.
- Operate your computer with the command line.
- Manage a MongoDB database within a Meteor application.
- Design real-time interfaces with the use of templates.
- Hook into browser e
|Author:||David Turnbull   David Turnbull a >|